Update about blogCa

Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Thai Basil of Black Mountain



 I love Thai food, and this restaurant is very nice to make fresh dishes. So I tried stopping by to purchase a take out meal of some of their fare on Feb. 16 for lunch (which would of course provide left overs for a couple of other meals.)

I liked these pretty paper lanterns.


And I enjoyed sitting in the tiny waiting area with a Goddess and a peacock, and a couple of plants. Unfortunately there was also a rest room behind a partial wall, and the odor (coming through my mask) was that of the usual deodorizer in rest rooms. It did encourage me that I don't have the COVID-19 virus because I sure did have a good sense of smell even through my mask.



I was surprised to have someone call my name...and from our 6 foot distance we kind of caught up, while we both waited for our lunches to be ready. Sarah Vekasi had just been doing some vehicle exchanges with a friend, and she also had been the one who sold me my present car. Other than that, she used to live on the street where I lived, and she is a potter, who also used to work in the same community studio with me. She's now living in Maine, and said she'd be returning back there again in a week. She's presently teaching her home-schooled nephew. I'm glad she's my friend on Facebook and keeps her postings up to date there.


Today's quote:

The stars are like letters which inscribe themselves at every moment in the sky.

Everything in the world is full of signs. 
All events are coordinated.

All things depend on each other; as has been said:

Everything breathes together.
—Plotinus
ca CE 204/5–270

14 comments:

  1. ...I remember in the '50s when finding an Asian restaurant in our town was next to impossible. How time have change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right...I have fortunately lived near universities most of my life, which meant international students. And many of them were good patrons of various international restaurants...Indian, Chinese, Thai, Japanese, as well as the more common Italian and Mexican. I haven't tried everything they serve, but have been pleasantly surprised to like most dishes.

      Delete
  2. I live a sheltered life and have never had Thai.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do, and you can certainly ask the wait staff for things that might appeal to you...they are usually able to speak English!

      Delete
  3. How lovely to have an unexpected catch up with a friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun...since we see various posts on Facebook by each other about our lives...sometimes commenting even! I love being 6 feet away from friends and either extending my arms wide, or hugging myself to send them the gesture of wanting to hug them!

      Delete
  4. I love the sentence, "...sitting in the tiny waiting area with a Goddess and a peacock..." Truly poetic. Wonderful to run into a friend there as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very nice...and the dining room is simple and yet peaceful as well. I was very happy that Sarah had a chance to stop by for lunch - also to-go.

      Delete
  5. I love Thai food, although I got a bit spoiled by a visit to Phuket. The real stuff is even more amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a friend from Thailand who would bring marvelous things to pot-luck dinners...and I always got a big serving.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. It is a good eye catching emblem for their repurposed building...as you can figure out it once was a gas station. They are really cozy on that site.

      Delete
  7. What a coincidence to meet an old friend at a Thai restaurant. I hope the carryout was good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great to see her. And I hadn't been to that restaurant in a few years. But I wanted to try their food again, since it is prepared vegetarian and then they add a choice of meat or tofu to the dishes.

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.