Update about blogCa

Tuesday, January 19, 2021

You deserve something pretty

Last week I could still look at these flowers - glad I took a photo since they've all gone away by today!

The lilies my friend gave me for Christmas are mixed with the last of the Christmas flowers. We didn't exactly see each other, as we're both trying to stay Covid-free. And I took this photo a week ago, so the flowers need replacing this week!

I love sunny days to look out this window from here at my computer.

Another friend gave me this lovely little Poinsettia.

Now I'm keeping this orchid away from the sun, in hopes it will last a bit longer.

Today's Quote:

"How it is that animals understand things I do not know, but it is certain that they do understand. Perhaps there is a language which is not made of words and everything in the world understands it. Perhaps there is a soul hidden in everything and it can always speak, without even making a sound, to another soul."

Frances Hodgson Burnett (A Little Princess)

reprinted from blog: Myth & Moor

 

9 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Your flowers are so pretty, it nice to have the flowers in your home and at the window. They are a cheerful sight. I love the orchid. Interesting quote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the subtlety of the orchid in the shade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and sunshine coming in the window is a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely flowers on a sunny day there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Something to brighten the day when the sun rarely shines. My poinsettia is going strong still in the front room and the amaryllis in the great room keeps on blooming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The window is very nice. The flowers probably love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That orchid is gorgeous. I kill poinsettias and have to hide them away from my cat anyway. Lovely quote.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.