Update about blogCa

Sunday, January 31, 2021

On Broadway in Black Mountain

 

The blue awnings are well known as the biggest retailer in town, Tyson's furniture. I waited for my lunch in Cousins Cuban Cafe, and looking out the window saw someone lucky enough to get that parking spot.


Also across the street are a couple of tiny little stores.


I went to Cousins Cuban Cafe, and was surprised to see a couple of friends eating in the cafe. I was among many who wanted to take my food to-go.



It's always the right time for espresso. I take mine decaf after 12 thank you!




People were spaced maybe 6 feet apart...but not from the people who were at the table with them!


I let a couple of friends go ahead of me, then waited quite a while for my lunch...and by 12:15 pm there were enough people in line that they were telling folks it would be a 30 min. wait to get their orders filled.  A few of them left.



Across the street is Berliner Kendl German Restaurant. Then down the street you can see the mural of our native-born singer, Roberta Flack on the wall of Black Mountain Brewing...a micro brewery.


Today's Quote:
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. - Rumi

15 comments:

  1. The world has become a strange place indeed. I am fortunate in that Proge is willing to do all the shopping. I drive and sit in the car. At least it gets me out of the house for a bit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I didn't have the urge to "drop in" my favorite grocery stores. I'm trying to make a list and prepare for a order to be picked up soon.

      Delete
  2. ...I like the three "W"s. Please show more of the Roberta Flack mural.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember Roberta Flack. Is she still alive? She had a beautiful voice.
    As to eating in at that restaurant, I'm with you, the tables were too close and people at the tables too close. The only exception would be eating with someone you live with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marcia...Here's a link telling all about Roberta Flack. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roberta_Flack

      Delete
  4. We can't go in a restaurant at all these days, even to pick up. You can order online and pickup curbside. The restrictions seems to be having an effect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of the restaurants bringing the food out to the car. None of them here (that I have visited) do so.

      Delete
  5. I had no idea Roberta Flack was from your area. I just had a cd of her music from the library a few months ago. Restaurants are closed here and the only place open is for takeaway but you can grocery shop too which is what we do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wel, she was born here, but raised elsewhere. But that's enough to get a mural with her photo as a young woman. Here's a link telling about her life. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roberta_Flack

      Delete
  6. We haven't been inside a restaurant in a very long time. It will be such a nice thing to be able to go out to eat without any fear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it sure will be nice, whenever it may happen. I think we will maybe be able to eat outside again in a few months.

      Delete
  7. I didn't know that about Roberta Flack. I've picked up a pizza several times but not been in anyplace for a couple months. I'm hoping to in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad she was born here...as I liked her music. She's probably still alive. Won't it be nice when we have warmer weather and can again sit 6 feet apart?

      Delete
  8. corona really makes some things more difficult. Nice shots. :)

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.