Update about blogCa

Friday, January 22, 2021

Simple pleasures

 



A beautiful new cutting board as a Christmas present...this isn't the side you cut upon.

I don't have a great place for it in the kitchen, but it looks good under my big tree of life, (sitting on the heater)

And it's from my daughter-in-law in St. Petersburg Beach FL...she's always got pretty beach things around her!


With cooking more and more in a non-stick skillet, I was really needing one of these spatulas...so I wouldn't ruin the finish in my new skillet. A present for myself!

And I hope to keep this performance by a young poet, so I can see it from this site whenever I wish. If you missed it, I think she was channeling Maya Angelou, but she expressed her own ideas for her own time.




Today's quote:

Patriotism is proud of a country's virtues and eager to correct its deficiencies; it also acknowledges the legitimate patriotism of other countries, with their own specific virtues. The pride of nationalism, however, trumpets its country's virtues and denies its deficiencies, while it is contemptuous toward the virtues of other countries. It wants to be, and proclaims itself to be, "the greatest", but greatness is not required of a country; only goodness is. -Sydney J. Harris, journalist and author (14 Sep 1917-1986) 

16 comments:

  1. Hello,
    The cutting board is very pretty. Love the quote and Amanda was awesome! Take care, enjoy your day! Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pretty side is to serve crudités on...cut the veggies on the plain wood back

      Delete
  2. There is a cookie brand called Simple Pleasures which my wife likes but I can take or leave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not run into that brand here. I admit I don't shop for cookies very much!

      Delete
  3. ...I'm try to understand cutting board and I'm having difficulty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad Barb gave me instructions...cut veggies on the back side, serve them on the beachy wave side.

      Delete
  4. That's a very interesting cutting board. I've never seen anything like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like looking at it...I have plenty of old plain ones, and a very nice laminated different strips of wood one...which is used a little. I even have a plastic one that I use most of the time. When veggies are wet from having washed them before cutting, the plastic is easier and doesn't need to be oiled like wood does!

      Delete
  5. That's a beautiful cutting board. I have several of those spatulas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks - I may have to get another one, this one doesn't seem to slip under the food very well...just pushes it to the side.

      Delete
  6. I've never seen a cutting board like that either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cutting board and it looks great beneath the tree! Yes, Amanda G was the perfect voice for this time.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.