Update about blogCa

Wednesday, January 27, 2021

In Black Mountain

 Rainy day wandering around town...supposedly less tourists...you'd think, wouldn't you?

There I am holding the phone camera until I can see the name of this pretty store, full of pretties which I didn't need!

I remembered my walking around after lunch many months ago with Margaret...we stopped in this shop. Today I found something to take home with me!

It's one of those scarf things that you wear kind of over other clothes. I don't know what you'd call it, but pretty!

Another little shop on Cherry St, which I skipped on this wander...


I turned left, and headed west (left) on State Street...skipping all those stores to the right!
I avoid Kilwins like the plague...wait, we're all avoiding the plague, does that mean ice cream and fudge should be ok? I don't think so.

Before COVID-19 the Methodist Church would have a free lunch on Wed. (for donations). They've had to stop doing that.


Today's quote:
Stop acting so small. You are the universe in ecstatic motion. Rumi


12 comments:

  1. Hah! I thoguht I was readin a different blog of someone closer to ehre, and I was wondering what town she was in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's only me here in North Carolina. I'm practically centered between South Carolina and Tennessee and Virginia...in what's considered Western NC. Believe me it's a mixed up area. Some high mountains along the TN-NC border...including the Smoky Mountain Nat'l Park. Then east and south it goes into the Piedmont...hilly and warmer usually.

      Delete
  2. Hello,

    Love the reflection in the window! I could never give up ice cream, maybe cut back some. Your new scarf looks pretty. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got some vegan ice cream in my freezer right now. Something salty caramel. But I only have a little bit at a time. I am trying to keep my heart happy.

      Delete
  3. ...I enjoy window shopping, it's a lot cheaper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And safer these days. I did choose a day I thought there wouldn't be a crowded store, and was right! Some of these little tiny stores can't handle 6 foot separation between 2 customers! Yes, looking in the windows would definitely be the best choice!

      Delete
  4. Thyme & Again, nice name for a business, I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crammed full of neat women's things...I love it. But got out of there fast before anyone else wanted to shop in its tiny floor space.

      Delete
  5. I love the scarf! I love ice cream and enjoy my evening Ben and Jerrys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you can enjoy some B&J for me. I'll be eating my vegan ice cream.

      Delete
  6. The style of the Methodist church reminds me of some churches I've seen here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too...I've seen some like it in FL, though I don't remember where.

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.