Update about blogCa

Thursday, January 21, 2021

Patterns in snow and woods

 

I think this shot worked better than the next, to see that limb coming up off the log.


There just too much happening between the snow and the creek...which was the focal point, but the snow sort of takes away from the white water. Can't have both in one shot, I'm beginning to think.

What creek? It's just the long shadow going horizontally.


While I didn't think the sapling would detract from this shot, it ended up with me wishing I'd not included it here.

Sorry to keep on critiquing everything, but this just has too much happening.!

A failed pano shot...apparently that shadow of the tree really gummed up the focusing of the phone!


I'm going to blame these failures on the cold...couldn't believe how cold this little vale was compared to civilized parking lot.

Today's quote:
Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.  Rumi

14 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Pretty captures of the snow, sunlight through the forest. Take care, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...it's a good thing I don't want an artistic photo most of the time! It would be nice to see some wildlife some time.

      Delete
  2. ...Mother Nature's handiworks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and I like seeing a difference with different weather!

      Delete
  3. As I watch photo vlogs, I hear things like, "What you leave out may be more important than what you include." Or something like that. Much detail is a photographic problem for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good thing I'm just posting my "travel-bog" of very close trips around my area.

      Delete
  4. You do have such pretty snowy places to walk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your photos are beautiful! I like visiting other places on people's walks, especially if I can stay in my warm house while doing so! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point Margaret, and you don't have to wear a mask at your computer!

      Delete
  6. My favorites are the last two photos, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bill. I had to go back to see what you meant.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks William, I guess I was being a bit critical today!

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.