Update about blogCa

Friday, January 29, 2021

Soon to move, Seven Sisters Gallery

 


There is quite a lot of artistic and functional pottery in Seven Sisters.


I'm a sucker for beautiful cards...which I'd rather buy here, as well as preferring to support local artists!



I was informed Seven Sisters will be moving over to Broadway during Feb. I'll miss them being in this site (since I moved here in 2007). But they say it will be a larger location.


Seven Sisters on Cherry St. The Veranda Restaurant is located where the green awning is. Great lunches there, usually crowded, so I haven't visited since COVID. Maybe they're limiting how many can sit.


The former Doncaster store will be the new location of Seven Sisters Gallery on Broadway.


Today's quote:

I will not play at tug o' war. / I'd rather play at hug o' war, / Where everyone hugs instead of tugs. -Shel Silverstein, writer (25 Sep 1930-1999

16 comments:

  1. I find myself beginning to sing Sisters from White Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a song I wouldn't think of actually, though you do remind me how it was sung in the movie. I missed seeing your blog today!

      Delete
  2. We go out of our way to support local businesses too. I suspect there are a few that are not going to survive these extended interruptions to their business and that will be a real shame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it must be difficult with low sales. And gotta pay the rent and elec. anyway. I have been there, done that, and closed up shop once way back when.

      Delete
  3. ...moving to a larger location certainly is a good sign.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are looking forward to it, according to the woman I spoke with.

      Delete
  4. That looks like the kind of store I'd like to wander around and buy some pretty cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really great for looking at lots of pretty things. And there's a more gallery side in the second room, where interior design stuff is displayed. I enjoy the crafts and art that are there too. But my budget can support card art.

      Delete
  5. I haven't been in any businesses lately, which I have mixed feelings about. Once the pandemic is over (if ever), I intend to shop and dine a lot locally!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopefully bigger means better for the business. Beautiful header, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...it is usually pretty on a sunny day. Of course it's sunny more than snowy here.

      Delete
  7. I limit my shopping these days but did get into HomeGoods and two antique stores yesterday, all with few patrons and masked employees. Looks like a shop I'd enjoying exploring for gift ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have definitely shopped there for gift ideas. I like that the artists they represent are going to receive a percentage of the sales.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Yes, I can imagine all the packing and unpacking will take lots of time and many hands.

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.