Update about blogCa

Thursday, December 3, 2020

Lake Susan, second chapter

 I enjoyed this walk, and possibly was very aware that sunny warm days were soon going to be a memory!


Looking uphill past the lake, there are vacation homes which often sit empty through the winter...though some (most) might belong to retired members of the Presbyterian Church, which started the college.

Another view of that dormitory. I would imagine the rooms on this side of the building are premium, but maybe the other side offers good sunsets and mountains.

My eye was caught by the patterns of this gazebo's roof.


Another shot of the happy couple, at least they looked happy.

Lake Susan is formed by a concrete dam, which receives water from mountain streams, the main one being named Flat Creek. It pours over the dam in this photo, and runs through several play areas designed for children to play in the water.

Ten Thousand Villages has a store and great views of the lake, the dam, and the stream below. I love to shop there, but it wasn't in my plans last Saturday.

I appreciate everyone's wishes for my health to improve. My COVID-19 test was negative. But I may have a regular cold, as suggested by a friend. Or something like a flu, though I had the vaccine for it. But as of now the fever has subsided and I'm sneezing. Is that a good thing? I hope so!




14 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Beautiful photos from your walk. I like the view from the bench and gazebo. I am so happy your covid test was negative. Take care, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being sick this week, I realize how much I appreciate being able to do things last week! Geese, getting old is hell!

      Delete
  2. Isn't it strange that you might have picked upa different virus while being so cautious about C19? I am not sure how it could happen, but apparently it did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Though I wore masks, and socially distanced, it's always possible I came around a corner in a grocery just after someone had coughed or sneezed, and I know the spread of colds and covid can go right through a mask with coughs or sneezes. I always still cover my coughs with my arm in addition to the mask...just in case.

      Delete
  3. Lovely photos from you walk. Really glad that your Covid test was negative and that your fever has subsided. Stay safe and healthy there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went out for a while today, and found out that I'm still not 100% yet. So I came home and tried to nap...maybe off and on. Just being able to rest is difficult with a cough. I know colds lat 10 days easily. But so many families are going into quarantine because one member was exposed, and they all are waiting for results from their tests.

      Delete
  4. Great photos from your walk. My favorite is the happy couple sitting on the bench.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to see people enjoying each other's company in a pretty setting.

      Delete
  5. Lovely pictures of a beautiful spot. Sorry about the cold--always a bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad your C19 test was negative. My older daughter volunteered for several years at Ten Thousand Villages. They have beautiful and unusual things.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.