Update about blogCa

Thursday, December 10, 2020

Another old photo - for an American patriot


 Unveiling by DAR of the Spencer Clack memorial in Sevierville, TN, 1937.

The Sevier County Court House in 2018

And the memorial stone still stands by its side...


I was able to just walk up to it to get this closeup of the plaque.

He was my great times 5 grandfather...his daughter, Catharine Clack married Rev. Elijah  Rogers, who had a son Micajah Rogers, who had a son, George Washington Rogers, who had a son William Sandford Rogers, who had a son George E. Rogers, who had a son George E. Rogers Jr. who was my father.




6 comments:

  1. Hello,
    What a neat memorial, it is even more special since Spencer Clack is a relation.
    Take care, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That plaque and your long history with it is wild. I wish I could trace my roots back that far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty neat, having your ancestor commemorated there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a pretty court house. I love exploring our connections to the past.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.