Update about blogCa

Saturday, December 12, 2020

Buds are coming along...

 

The variegated one will open first. I moved them out of our cold windows...and this one is happy on the table top, where it still gets sun part of the day.


The purple one is in the bedroom window, which gets very warm during the daytime. At least if the sun is shining like today.


It surprisingly has two blooming stalks. I hope it is able to produce flowers on two stalks. I need to find a stick to help their weight once they open. 

And the first one opened last night...so I added it to this post around noon Saturday.

And what I do is leave plants outside all summer, repot them with orchid soil, and give them some liquid fertilizer about two to three times a year. I try to avoid over watering. Bring them inside when nights go below 40 degrees. Sit them in sunny or partly sunny windows, again moving to warmer places with good light if the window sills get cold (when it's 30 or lower outside.) And as you can tell, this bloom is much smaller than the ones when we bought it last year. I also didn't remember it was striped pink and white. So either the other one is cream colored, or I got them mixed up when repotting them somehow. They are the dear "leave it alone" kinds of plants.

16 comments:

  1. Hello,

    YAY for the buds and beautiful blooms. Take care, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything gives hope these days...as we approach the winter solstice!

      Delete
  2. You know what you are doing with house plants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes. It's mainly watch them. I had a friend who watered hers every day. I wonder if I should do so. Maybe at least twice a week.

      Delete
  3. ...will be fun to watch them open.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing the orchid buds. My orchid is languishing again. I'd love to know how you care for your beautiful plants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am afraid I'm no expert. I just watch whatever they do.

      Delete
  5. "Leave it alone" plants are the best kind. Those are beautiful. I love purple and two tone flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had any control over them. Number 2 bloom already looks like it's not going to make it.

      Delete
  6. The plant's beauty in unfolding before your eyes. How nice to see that in December.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely nice to have something hopeful as we approach the solstice.

      Delete
  7. Always a thrill when they rebloom! I have three orchids-in-waiting right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what ever happend to this one it is a beauty. I have one blooming for the third time and I have it in a glass vase with only water. And indoors. Works fine for my orchid. :) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of raising one in water...but I guess it's happy. Good to know!

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.