Update about blogCa

Friday, December 4, 2020

A few more photos of Lake Susan

 

Looking back to the Ten Thousand Villages store on the left, another gazebo, and the Assembly Inn overlooking Lake Susan.






Since the sidewalk crosses above the dam, this is how you can see Flat Creek continuing downstream from the waterfall.


I guess you could call this a waterfall.


Each of the pillars in the fence around the lake has dedications to whoever contributed to the construction.


Yes, there are more...I'd barely gone halfway around by now.

And on another note:
I had lunch Thurs. afternoon at Lake Tomahawk, and here's a photo of our group! This is my former daughter-in-law, and my oldest granddaughter. They were on their way home from a visit over in Gatlinburg, and I loved that they took the time to come see me. We all held our breath for an unmasked photo! They ate lunches they'd picked up at the Blue Ridge Biscuit Company, and I stayed masked. Since I don't have COVID, I know my similar symptoms mean I've got a cold. No need to share that with them!



9 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Cute photo of you and the family. Pretty views of the lake and waterfall. I like the reflections too.
    A lovely place to visit. Take care, enjoy your day! Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you feeling any better? Glad it's not Covid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was a Ten Thousand Villages in Ottawa, but it closed. I don't know if there's a chain or two places simply had the same name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you all held your breaths for that photo. Beautiful. Love the walk there too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You take beautiful walks! Love the photo and the holding of your breaths for the picture. I don't know that I could smile and hold my breath. I would probably just look constipated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photo of you and the family. Nice looking bridge.
    Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is nice you could see your family, a gift these days.

    All the best
    Guy

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.