Update about blogCa

Monday, December 28, 2020

Caring for myself

Sitting on top of my old tube style TV, one of my favorite vases holds a new bouquet I purchased on Christmas eve eve.


I wonder if these squeezed up little mums will open.
 
As Saturday drew to a close, I had discovered 2 major domestic crisies...first the wall heating unit in the living room has gone kaput...puts out with fan only, no heat. Secondly, the car has that dreaded "Check Engine" light on...so no driving around town till I get a mechanic to look at it. Both will have to wait till Mon.

Today's Quote:
Spirit, rehearse the journeys of the body
that are to come, the motions
of the matter that held you.

Rise up in the smoke of palo santo.
Fall to the earth in the falling rain.
Sink in, sink down to the farthest roots.
Mount slowly in the rising sap
to the branches, the crown, the leaf-tips.
Come down to earth as leaves in autumn
to lie in the patient rot of winter.
Rise again in spring’s green fountains.
Drift in sunlight with the sacred pollen
to fall in blessing.
                                    All earth’s dust
has been life, held soul, is holy.

Ursula K. Leguin

10 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Your bouquets are beautiful. I hope your crises are able to be repaired easily. Take care, have a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...me too. Car has one cylinder not firing (out of 4) and my mechanic will work on it tomorrow. Just need to figure out getting a ride back to pick it up.

      Delete
  2. Gotta love Christmas Eve eve to clarify.
    I am sure that at one point in my life, Christmas Eve was just the eve and didn't need clarification.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not quite sure what you mean. But I have had a pretty good Christmas, and the repairs are scheduled now.

      Delete
  3. I hope you get that heater worked out and the engine thing too. Take care there and keep enjoying the beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin...my maintenance guy has me on the list, so maybe sometime today! I'm going ahead and taking my shower, which is when he usually knocks on the door!

      Delete
  4. ...you can't care for others if you don't care for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful bouquets. Hope the repairs go well for you. It's not good to be without heat or a car.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love flowers this time of year. I have a paper white which will have to do. :) I hate it when warning lights come on in the car!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice bouquet. The one I got for my birthday over a week ago is still looking good. I pulled out the few spent blooms and dried up holly so that remaining greens and carnations look fine. Sorry about your heater. I guess you've had t put on a few more layers? We have HVAC guy coming tomorrow to replace a very old thermostat that has given us problems.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.