Update about blogCa

Friday, October 16, 2020

Two wet days

I'm posting some art from the Black Mountain Center for the Arts over at my blog Alchemy of Clay.

 

You can see where much of the colorful leaves have ended up. Two days of rain last weekend, so I did very little outside.


The plants on the balcony have been growing bigger all summer. Now I need to think where they'll live during the winter.






I wish I hadn't divided the violets, because these are all I really want to care for, rather than the other 4 children of theirs!

Today's quote:

"Whenever I touch a flower, I touch the sun and yet I don't get burned. When I touch the flower, I touch a cloud without flying to the sky. When I touch the flower, I touch my consciousness, your consciousness, and the great planet Earth at the same time.

The miracle is possible because of insight into the nature of interbeing. If you really touch one flower deeply, you touch the whole cosmos. The cosmos is neither one nor many. When you touch one, you touch many, and when you touch many, you touch one.."

~Thich Nhat Hanh 
Cultivating the Mind of Love

8 comments:

  1. Hello,

    The flowers and plants look beautiful. Great quote! Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy weekend to you too Eileen. Go walking in nature and take some pretty photos!

      Delete
  2. WOW! Your balcony plants sure took off. They look gorgeous.
    Perhaps you can redo me the extra violets? May be easier than kittens!
    Have a good week end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...and I was wrong...these are 2 of the babes from when I separated the originals. I'll post pics of the mammas soon. I like spell check only if I check on it myself!

      Delete
  3. Thankyou spell check! REHOME not ‘redo me’???!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have had more leaf fall than I had anticipated at your latitude. That one tree doesn't look much different than ours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice photos! Our plants which are indoors all need to be replanted in to bigger pots next Spring.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.