Update about blogCa

Saturday, October 17, 2020

The tree at the bank


Pretty sure this is a Bradford Pear...but it could be a Maple of some variety. And while I'm off leaf peeping (while masked)...here's another blogger who posts the names of many of the trees, with their foliage in full color. Good to know. forestandfield.blogspot.com

Today's quote:
Another year gone, leaving everywhere
its rich spiced residues: vines, leaves,

the uneaten fruits crumbling damply
in the shadows, unmattering back

from the particular island
of this summer, this NOW, that now is nowhere

except underfoot, moldering
in that black subterranean castle

of unobservable mysteries - roots and sealed seeds
and the wanderings of water. This

I try to remember when time's measure
painfully chafes, for instance when autumn

flares out at the last, boisterous and like us longing
to stay - how everything lives, shifting

from one bright vision to another, forever
in these momentary pastures.


Mary Oliver

I'm posting some art from the Black Mountain Center for the Arts 


13 comments:

  1. Hello,

    It is a beautiful tree, love the color. Take care, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eileen...thanks for commenting so early in the a.m. while I was sleeping. I looked at your post on NWRs, and enjoyed all your travels.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I took lots of photos on our leaf peeping tour, but we were both unable to identify what they were...my friend and I who combined equal 159 years...but not much tree knowledge apparently

      Delete
  3. Beautiful pictures and I LOVE the Mary Oliver poem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Thanks for enjoying my photos. I'm not at the level of a lot of bloggers, who are professionals. But I enjoy sharing them.

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful tree in perfect fall color foliage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a gorgeous tree and I love Mary Oliver.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too! I could post an entire blog just for her poetry...but then again, I do read her books also!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Only these Bradford Pears around town seem to glow like this one...though the one at my apartment complex has lost most of its leaves.

      Delete
  7. a beautiful tree for sure :) Love it´s color.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.