Update about blogCa

Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Back to lake views at 5 pm Oct 1, 2020

 

Well, blogger decided to load these backward again, thus you'll find my reason for coming to Lake Tomahawk at the last one.
Just a bit of color next to the lake.


Looking toward the mountains which hide Mt. Mitchell about 15 miles away.


Though our sky was just happily blue with white clouds, we could see the rainy ones in the distance.


The closer mountains here are called the Seven Sisters...just north of Montreat.



The raceway which helps drain the lake had a duck and maybe some driftwood at the head.


And here's the reading group which gathered at 4:30 to discuss a book about racism. Several of the members of this group were out of town today, and I just took their photo and then went walking. First time I made the whole 0.55 mile loop without stopping. Er, except for the several photos shown above.

Today's quote:

When the Beloved wants to take you Home,
extend your hand to His welcoming
even though your body may be trembling
and your mind may want to flee;
even though those around you grieve,
and you yourself have mourned, even before they,
the changing form of your body.
Tears are not the final truth
though they will come and go
like stars that need a dark sky to be seen.
Death is not a failure of a mind
that is not strong enough,
or positive enough, or pure enough.
Those who hold such views are simply
masking fear with ideas of being in control.
We are being lived...
...anguish, fear or deepest grief
cannot alter Who you really are.
The beautiful Spirit that extended ItSelf
in space and time, and called ItSelf by your name,
is simply ready to return, unencumbered by a body,
to Its vast and spacious Unborn Self,
that kisses you at birth,
and holds your hand in death,
and never for a moment
forgets you are ItSelf.
The mind imagines you are leaving,
but where could you truly go?
You are Life ItSelf...
Unceasingly flowing,
moment to moment unfolding Yourself.
A body is born; a body dies; but you do not.
Deep within your heart, you know this Truth.
Rest there.  Rest in the knowing that
opens your heart to all that IS,
that loves ItSelf in all that comes,
and returns to ItSelf in all that goes.

Dorothy Hunt
Buddhist Teacher



9 comments:

  1. Hello
    Beautiful views of the lake, sky and mountains. You do live in a lovely area! Take care, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...and when we have blue skies, I'm drawn to going out and clicking with my iPhone! Happy Wednesday to you too!

      Delete
  2. ...look like the high rent district.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The house you see in my photos is a B & B, but on the other side of the lake are some beautiful homes. However, most people who only have "vacation cabins" prefer being up on the slopes of the mountains to build villa-sized homes. I think of them as the more expensive real estate in the area.

      Delete
  3. You can upload them one by one to get the order that you want. I do this a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh John, if only it didn't take so long to load my photos each time I "choose" to load from my computer. It defaults to downloads, which doesn't have my latest photos...so I sometimes get up and get a cup of coffee while waiting for this old lady to get to where I can choose which ones to put on Blogger...and if I just scan a few, say up to 6, then they sometimes load forwards, and sometimes backward. I won't live long enough to load them individually! I thought the direction I scanned a series of photos when selecting them would make a difference, but it doesn't seem to.

      Delete
  4. It's so beautiful there.
    I have been uploading photos, and they all show up in the order I uploaded them in. Now I'm wondering why yours don't upload like that. I use my Macbook laptop to post. What do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My old MacBook is operating on OS X- El Capitan, and can't update to newer versions (thus my son gave me his old one and he purchased a newer one.) It takes forever to load photos (the default goes to download files) when I choose to upload from computer...and then I scan a series to load into Blogger...and thought the direction of my scan would make a difference, but it doesn't seem to. Any hints would be welcome.

      Delete
  5. What an idyllic lake! I love water, trees and mountains--probably because I live in Western WA. Are you not part of the book group?

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.