Update about blogCa

Thursday, October 15, 2020

Emilee's Walk (and where I had lunch)

I'm posting some art from the Black Mountain Center for the Arts at Alchemy of Clay

I love that someone has gone around town giving labels to trees that are historic. The two railroad spikes in this one might mean someone else thought this was an important tree.


I admit that I wouldn't have known this as a yellow buckeye.



I can't decide which shot of this view I like best, above has the path along Flat Creek, while below just shows the creek.




In North Carolina people look at the Wooly Worm caterpillars to tell if it's going to be a severe winter or not...and they are usually black or brown. So who knows what a yellow one means!

I like the shadows in this one cast across the water.


Taken on Oct. 3, there weren't many colorful leaves yet.


It's always a good idea to look up at the tallest trees around. Blue sky day!

And here's the view of Flat Creek from Ole's Guacamole Restaurant, where we had lunch. The motel is across the wide expanse of lawn, and sometimes children will go across the little bridge and play next to the water.


Ole's has some indoor seating, but we preferred to be outside on this beautiful day.

Today's quote:

"Water does not resist. Water flows. When you plunge your hand into it, all you feel is a caress. Water is not a solid wall, it will not stop you. But water always goes where it wants to go, and nothing in the end can stand against it. Water is patient. Dripping water wears away a stone. Remember that... Remember you are half water. If you can't go through an obstacle, go around it. Water does."

- Margaret Atwood (The Penelopiad)

 

12 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    Beautiful views of the path, trees and the creek. Ole's has some nice outdoor seating.
    Take care and stay safe. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that Ole's has also come out with some good vegetarian dishes...now that those enchiladas are no longer on my diet. Thanks. Have a good day tomorrow too...since the sun has set by the time I'm writing this. I've been outside looking at trees and waterfalls most of the day!

      Delete
  3. A very lovely walk there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks so much. Hope you have a good day, evening, and the next few days as well!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, me too, Margaret. I liked it too, especially since I visited Linville Falls today...and took lots of photos!

      Delete
  5. Generally speaking, I think a photo with leading lines is stronger than one where lines run across the photo. But I am sure there are many other variables.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI John, I'm not quite sure what "leading lines" means. Is that the same as going towards the horizon? Or maybe horizontal? I'd appreciate you helping me understand. Thanks.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful photos and a great quote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with the quote...it reminded me of The I Ching which talks of water in much the same way.

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.