Update about blogCa

Friday, October 9, 2020

A wee bit of color

 

This sunny jeep actually has plates from Florida. For autumn, many people will come to the Blue Ridge Parkway to see the leaves turning colors.


Well, there was the good old goldenrod. And a few trees starting to show some brownish reds, or greenish yellows. This is looking west from an overlook on our way home (going down the mountain and northeast toward Asheville NC)


Another view looking northwest, towards Waynesville NC.


We turned as we were leaving to capture the buildings and the nice roll of the grass which suddenly goes very far down just the left of these buildings. The Pisgah Inn has some simple double-bed rooms, in the building to the far left, and also in the one which is center left. Housekeeping had a couple of the doors to rooms open as we walked by. Further up the hill (either by steps or ramp) is the building with the restaurant.



This shot shows the most color on the trees, as we sat in rockers and enjoyed the view after lunch.


My selfie includes my friend Teresa, and a bit of the observation deck outside the restaurant.

Once again, Blogger posted my photos in reverse order. We left and saw that jeep at the overlook where we stopped on the way home.

I went back on my diet again the next day! One needs to have a holiday, even from a diet which is good for you, and then be ready to make more delicious things to eat at home.

TODAY"S QUOTE:

The universe is no narrow thing and the order within it is not constrained by any latitude in its conception to repeat what exists in one part in any other part. Even in this world more things exist without our knowledge than with it and the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way. For existence has its own order and that no man’s mind can compass, that mind itself being but a fact among others.


—Cormac McCarthy





14 comments:

  1. ...it looks like you will be enjoying the colors for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and next week I plan to go to some mountains along the parkway north of us. Fingers and toes crossed there are still some leaves left.

      Delete
  2. We still have colour, but there has been a lot of leaf fall in the past week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we're due for a lot of rain this weekend...I hope there are some leaves left by our day trip on Thurs.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I love driving those beautiful curves along the mountains. Not so much the roads that go up and meet the parkway. I'll be going to Spruce Pine next week, and the road that goes from Marion to Little Switzerland is quite a switchback one.

      Delete
  4. Looks like you had a lovely day there for a journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always enjoy seeing the different colours in autumn, it's so beautiful. Looks like a nice day for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A great day, though some colors were pretty subdued. I hope next week there are a few more bright ones.

      Delete
  6. That's strange that it's posting your photos backwards. Hmmm. I love fall photos and need to take some of my own. Not much is happening here yet though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I post a whole bunch at a time, from my computer's cache of photos...and I think if I scan across them backwards, they post backwards. I was able to post one batch in proper order using this trick.

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.