Update about blogCa

Monday, October 19, 2020

As fall closes

 


What's going on in my neighborhood?

I put many plants out to catch the recent rains...


The neighbor on far left has only a hanging fern, and a nice welcome fall banner.

At the end of the building another neighbor has a pumpkin displayed



My other next door neighbor has some flowers still blooming on her railing. We may share a wall, but it's a concrete fire wall, so we never hear each other thumping around.



My balcony is in the center and still had it's healthy Kalanchoes out when I walked around the building last week. It was warm enough a downstairs neighbor, and myself had our bedroom windows open. I used to cough so much at night, I wouldn't open my bedroom window and bother my 3 neighbors who sleep so close to me. But these days my cough has become much more infrequent, so if it's in the 60s at night, the window is cracked usually. I know TMI~~!


The Bradford Pear has lost a lot of its leaves...as have the maples outside my windows. So I can wake up and see the mountain ridge again...a true pleasure.

P.S. I need to mention that the management has sent out a letter saying we are not to put any decorative items off our porches...and can only keep our porches with just porch furniture. So I dare say the person with decorations stuck in the ground, and the one with planters at the end of the banisters may have removed them. It's a sticky wicket, as they say, because apparently the woman who lived in my apartment before me had little figurines all over the grass in front of her porch...which of course meant the grass couldn't be cut. Thus rules are made. And we're threatened with eviction if we break them. Ugh.

Today's quote:

It’s like a schoolhouse
of little words,
thousands of words.
First you figure out what each one means by itself,
the jingle, the periwinkle, the scallop
full of moonlight.
Then you begin, slowly, to read the whole story. 

Mary Oliver

8 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Your plants look pretty. I like the pumpkin and the flowers. I hope you are feeling better!
    Wishing you a great day and a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...this sure is a season of change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I notice a cultural difference with the two flags. We tend not to do that except for a burst of flags around Canada Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fall comes for all of us. Bracing myself for colder weather and hoping for some good news come 11/3.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you can sleep with the windows open again. Fresh air is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the decorations and temperatures of fall. Sometimes rules don't make much sense and other times I can see the point. (like with the mowing)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have our bedroom window open at night, hate to have a stuffy head.
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.