Update about blogCa

Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Back to the gardens

I love the ginger lily flower's scent. It's funny, lots of lilies are very objectionable to me these days. Not this one.
Just look at the size of that plant.


A very interesting pod...don't know the name of this one!




There were an abundance of zinnias in the John Wilson community gardens when I walked around a couple of weeks ago.
And marigolds...and some very tiny unhappy looking tomatoes.




Unfortunately we're due to have almost constant rain on this Sat. Wonder how they'll tag butterflies.


I used to think I was allergic to goldenrod...but I've been told the culprit is ragweed for allergies.



 So I haven't had any increase of symptoms walking wherever goldenrod is blooming. Yay.


Today's quote:

Visiting a sacred site can be a useful tool to open something within you that has remained inaccessible.

Madisyn Taylor, Daily Om

7 comments:

  1. Hello,

    The Ginger lilies and Zinnia are my favorites. Very pretty!
    Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand the same about goldenrod and ragweed. Apparently the ragweed often grows along with the goldenrod, at its base. One of my Flickr contact recently posted a photo of this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ginger lily! Community gardens are such a fine idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...I love those lantern pods when they turn orange!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love zinnias and most lilies, although their scent can be overpowering. We're getting lots of rain right now too. And thunder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love community gardens, you can enjoy lots of varieties of plants and flowers.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.