Update about blogCa

Saturday, October 24, 2020

Passionate couple(s)

 

The Sepia Saturday meme shows a kiss from a movie...full of passion! Of course they aren't quite kissing. But they sure look about ready to do so. I love the idea of actors giving such passion, while of course they are only acting.


Any photos of passion in my archives?


San Antonio, Texas. From my father's album...another photo said "before we were "we" and cupid hit us. I think all the rest of his photos were after cupid had struck between my parents.


My parents around the time they married in San Antonio, Texas.

My parents in their first home after their marriage in 1939.



My grandparents (my father's parents) Gummy and Poppy in 1955 in Houston, TX. 


My oldest son and his wife, Marty and Barbara.

Middle son Russ and his wife Michelle!
Youngest son Tai and his wife Kendra!


Today's quote:

We waste so much energy trying to cover up who we are
when beneath every attitude is the want to be loved,
and beneath every anger is a wound to be healed
and beneath every sadness is the fear that there
will not be enough time...

When we hesitate in being direct (authentic), we unknowingly
slip something on, some added layer of protection
that keeps us from feeling the world/life...

Our challenge every day is not to get dressed to
face the world, but to unglove ourselves so that
the doorknob feels cold, and the car handle
feels wet, and the kiss goodbye feels
the lips of another being...

From: The Book of Awakening

And a link to those who like the messages from the Dali Lama... Dalai Lama Global Vision Summit through learn@lionsroar.com  It's free and goes on all day, with 48 hours to see each of the speakers.

12 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Cute couples, love the photos and the quote! Take care, enjoy your day! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quite is spot on! Great choice for us to ponder, i always think that passionate screen kisses look a little odd somehow, but when you get to do it yourself it sure feels good, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hint is usually much for enticing than the kiss. Of course, I am really thinking of scenes that go beyond kissing with people pinned against walls etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed this post. On my laptop one of the photos is of my parents. I love looking into their eyes and know they are looking at me with love. Dad is gone since 2007 and Mom since 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved seeing photos! Those old ones are so much fun to look at. The clothing was very elegant. The last time I wore a dress was my older daughter's wedding 2 years ago. Thanks for sharing pictures of your sons and spouses. They look very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The old photos show us so much. The clothes worn back then, the people's expression and even the notes they wrote on the back of the photos. They sure are fun to see. Great quote!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photo on the bridge--and the one of Gummy and Poppy! And glad your voting experience was positive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful photos. You have some very good-lookin' sons, there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That poem!! So amazing! Wonderful family photos of love and affection.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a moving poem -- and a loving set of photos to match! I particularly like that first one. Your parents must have been in love to be willing to brave that rickety looking bridge together, as the subsequent photos of them attest!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely couples and I like the sentiment of the poem too. Something we can all use in these stressful times.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do enjoy reading Mark Nepo. And I am left wondering about that handmade bridge!

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.