Update about blogCa

Thursday, October 8, 2020

Pretty day and a scurry to lunch

Looking Glass Falls...next to the highway leading from Brevard to the Blue Ridge Parkway...sorry I don't remember the number.

At 11:30 am, the falls are in the shade, and all the foreground foliage is in the sun.  And we didn't have time to go down the steps to see a closer view.
As it was, Teresa and I arrived late for our reservation at the Pisgah Inn restaurant. We did call and say we'd be a few more minutes before we arrived, and I scooted along the BR Parkway as fast as all those curves would allow. 
They held our table, and you can see the tables are separated quite a bit more than they had been last year. The restaurant closes the end of Oct. usually.

After our delicious lunches, we visited the gift shop.

There was a plexiglass screen at the check out counter, but I liked the bear with the shiny trees on it  hanging on the wall.

Several years ago the viewing platform outside the restaurant and shop was completely changed, with a nice ramp for handicapped access.


There were just a few trees with beginning blush of yellow and reds visible below.




We sat in the sun a while, then drove back to Black Mountain along the parkway. I doubt that I'll go back here to see the fall leaves, but I do have a visit scheduled to go leaf peeping further north on the parkway with another friend....soon!


5 comments:

  1. ...the tables may be seperated, but I'm not prepared to eat inside a restaurant yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The view there is so beautiful. Love seeing that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spectacular view! I love the falls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful views of the falls. I noticed that bear too, I love it. I haven't been in a restaurant all year, hopefully next year might be better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your indoor lunch was a little warmer than our outdoor breakfast although we were warm enough.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.