Update about blogCa

Friday, October 2, 2020

Today, and maybe tomorrow.

I enjoy reading a lot of other blogs (as you can see by my lists over in the right column. So I found some things that I like to keep track of, by sharing them on my own blog.

For today, I saw these photos of a wall in a gas station in Canada.  Here's the blog site, and here are some of the photos. I like that Jessey Pacho made art from words...much as graffiti does. He's celebrating the front-liine workers during the pandemic.





I shared them on Facebook also, in honor of my friend Teresa, and cousin, Cynthia. Thanks to Junkboat Travels blog.

*****************************

And here's an animated video that helps us consider, imagine, and perhaps have some hope for the future...

A Message from the Future with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. It is somewhat dated, but you'll get the idea.

It echoes my own fervent hopes for a brighter future after our election.

*****************************


I've started the pulmonary rehab (same gym, and classroom which we used for the Ornish cardiac rehab. But different leadership...all with a slightly fun competition.

I'm focused a bit differently in my hour of exercise, and will have a different slant on the education as well...and I must try to remember it all to tell my friends who are also interested in improving their lung function.

My first real impression is that there are an awful lot of people coming for this rehab. My group is only 5 who are called Freshmen. Then there are Seniors (and I don't know how many there are of them.) And then there are about 15-20 people that come as maintenance. And in 2 weeks there will be 30 of us. 

How does this effect the gym?

They ran out of sterile wipes today, for each piece of equipment is cleaned after each person finishes with it.

They are on order, we were told.


Today's quote:

"Bless what there is, for being." Whatever it be, bless it because it exists; you need no other reason.

BR. DAVID STEINDL-RAST

8 comments:

  1. That's a lot of people in a gym, but I am sure it is well run in these times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    The murals are colorful art. It seems like a lot of people at the gym, I hope you stay safe.
    I am hoping for a brighter future for us all. Take care, enjoy your day! Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...this one makes a colorful statement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an inspiration way to beautify the wall! 30 people? That would make me nervous, but they're getting so creative these days about how to distance.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.