Update about blogCa

Who knew all this would happen afterwards! Oct 23, 2023 showing some colorful leaves around Lake Tomahawk and the old gazebo.

Sunday, September 15, 2024

The porch plants (again) plus gazebo update!

 A new bouquet on my front porch. Sharing with Floral Friday Fotos 

A bit late of course.  

and Garden Blogger's Bloom Day.


The giant leaved coleus has continued to grow, and I've snipped as many blooms as I could find before it went to seed. I tried rooting one branch, and so far it's just looking happy to live in the water, but not a root in sight. Anyway, this was taken before the rain which was expected from Hurricane Francine came through. I hope it soaks everything well, and has no strong winds left over, since the storm remains headed waaay west of us.




I'm happy to see the African Violet is doing so well outside, where no wind, rain or sun come near it.


--------------


Friday noon, the gazebo at Lake Tomahawk is  almost finished. 




Today's quote:

Integrity, an important part of self-mastery, is not easy. Integrity involves the sacrifice of the short term for the long term. 

From Heron Dance Art Journal newsletter

17 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Beautiful plants, the African Violet is my favorite. The gazebo is looking pretty.
    Take care, have a great day and a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are still swaying in the breezes left over from tropical storm Francine...the hanging plants anyway.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It does have a certain southern charm about it. But woe to those who might seek shelter from a thunder storm...unless those tin roofs have a lightening rod added.

      Delete
  3. Yours is not the first morning reminder that it is almost time to purchase mums.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to oblige! I know these first ones won't last that long however, but they're getting me in the spirit.

      Delete
  4. I must get this blog added to my list! I keep forgetting to come over here to see what you're up to. Your porch plants look just lovely, Barb. Such a treat, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear from you again...figured the change of address might have been the reason. I am thinking of which plants will be brought inside for over-wintering already.

      Delete
  5. Wonderful! Post of lovely images. You live in a beautiful place and it's actually exciting to see the gazebo nearing completion! Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, simple pleasures of seeing something built to be enjoyed by all.

      Delete
  6. I am suddenly having no luck with African violets, and see yours is thriving outdoors. Too bad fall and winter are coming - I may have tried that. I like the view you are going to have from the gazebo once it is done, so pretty. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine will come inside, to a table where winter sun hits it some. I tried the kitchen (north facing) window but it has a bad habit of giving moldy things to damp little plants.

      Delete
  7. Your plants are looking good! And the gazebo is too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks (I didn't show you the struggling ones). Gazebo will be fun to use as focal point for some lake shots.

      Delete
  8. So nice to have a covered porch like that! The gazebo looks like it will be a nice spot to watch the lake. Will it be something they rent out for events?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the lake.
    Your plants are super. Ours are facing a time crunch! Fall approaches. We will renew them next year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful blooms on your porch. Love the African Violet. My grandmother always had a window full of them. I keep saying I am going to start growing them in remembrance of her. Hope to soon. The gazebo at the lake is very nice.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.