Update about blogCa

Who knew all this would happen afterwards! Oct 23, 2023 showing some colorful leaves around Lake Tomahawk and the old gazebo.

Monday, September 16, 2024

Just some things...

 

Russian born-American embroidery artist...Katrin.Vates....Rockville..Maryland



--------------------------

Since "...Trump and Vance have been suggesting they would challenge the results of the 2024 election, the Department of Homeland Security took steps to protect the January 6, 2025, session of Congress that will count the electoral votes that will decide the presidency. They have put January 6, 2025, on the same security level as the Super Bowl or a major event like the U.N. General Assembly."

Heather Cox Richardson, Letters from an American Sept. 22, 2024

----------------
The Saturday market was rainy and cold, so we had no pottery sales. At least I went home and kept warm while the pots and my friend Amelia and her daughter stayed under the tent avoiding the pours of rain wherever it flowed off the tent. I went back at noon and packed my pots up and they're all wet wrapped in bubble wrap in the trunk of my car till next week. I'll take a towel with me then. And I need to wash the wet tablecloth before then. 
Sunday I woke up and suddenly realized  that nobody is going to take over my life when I'm gone...they already have full lives of their own. So now I need to change around to not what I'm leaving for anyone else, but what I'm living with myself. That's all there is.


Today's other quote:

Gratitude can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. It makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.

MELODY BEATTIE

16 comments:

  1. The embroidery art is beautiful. It seems if they can't win by votes, they will be trying their hardest to steal the election! Take care, enjoy your day and have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an embroidery and not a painting‽ 👍
    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed it is. Thanks, hope your day is also great.

      Delete
  3. Magnificent embroidery! JanF ( also ex PanAm)
    You might find this of interest https://www.miamiherald.com/living/travel/article292245355.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A real artisan doing that embroidery, I agree! Thanks for article about Pan Am museum! Wonderful to know about.

      Delete
  4. Your last comment struck home. Good thought right there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, I agree completely...hope you have a great day!

      Delete
  5. Love the quotes.
    The scary thought nor so much. With a chronic sick Hubby I have those thoughts sadly often, too... Let´s enjoy as long as it lasts...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We only have today to enjoy, you are so right. I may be making some decisions today based on that thought of not leaving things to be continued, but it really is all about today.

      Delete
  6. A good realization--one I am also coming to terms with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I just mentioned to Iris, we only have this one day. I am making some decisions, putting some energies in different ways, because this is the one life I have.

      Delete
  7. Lovely post ! I suddenly feel peaceful- hopefull- and grateful! Thank you for sorting me out. I needed it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely piece of work!
    We are heading for an election here. I don't think we need the security Jan. 6th needs. It is worrisome.
    All the best!

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.