Update about blogCa

Who knew all this would happen afterwards! Sept. 20, 2024 10:45 am. Fog had finally started to burn off. New gazebo and Lakeview Senior Center at Lake Tomahawk, Black Mountain NC

Wednesday, September 25, 2024

The fun times at the Tailgate Market in Black Mountain

 Some fun is experienced by watching the people, the dogs, the kids, the extravagant outfits people show up wearing. And then there's also fun purchasing just the best fresh produce around! Or maybe a plant, or jewelry, or baked goods, or pottery!

I sold this platter to a friend (well almost gave it to her!) last Saturday. She's one of those people who walks this earth just doing good things.  The image is some kind of wind and moon interaction that I thought up in 2014. My friend may give it to her daughter, as she has other pieces of my pottery. She also bought a pot from the other Mud Buddy, Amelia Packer.


Then the love sign holders came through the market!

They are noted to stand out on the corner of our busiest intersection every Wednesday afternoon at 5 pm waving and sending love to all who drive by.

I decided to purchase some pretty flowers for my home from local grower "Urban Farm Girl."

While the local Ukulele band gathered to share a couple of songs!




See what I mean about colorful outfits? I didn't have permission to post Michelle's photo, but I don't think he'd mind his outfit without his face!


A satisfying day for me...I did much better at being there more hours.  And I arranged my flowers back home while talking on the phone with one of my sons. That always makes me feel good.

-----------------
With the storm remains coming in the next few days, I'm not sure I'll go to the market this Saturday...we shall wait and see!
----------------

Today's quote:

Courage without conscience is a wild beast.
 -Robert Green Ingersoll, lawyer and orator (1833-1899)



No comments:

Post a Comment

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.