Update about blogCa

Who knew all this would happen afterwards! Oct 23, 2023 showing some colorful leaves around Lake Tomahawk and the old gazebo.

Thursday, September 19, 2024

More interesting architecture!

 modern Art Deco

The PJ House in Cluj-Napoca, designed by architect Miklós Péterffy, is a contemporary marvel that revitalizes the Art Deco style for the 21st century. 

,


One of the key aspects of the PJ House is its commitment to sustainability. Péterffy has incorporated eco-friendly technologies and materials throughout the design. Solar panels, energy-efficient lighting, and advanced insulation techniques are seamlessly integrated into the structure, reducing the house’s environmental footprint.



Did you know where Cluj-Napoca was? I looked it up on DuckDuckGo, and found it's in Romania! What do you know!


-----------------------

“Ayn Rand’s Frank Lloyd Wright Cottage” model.  This house was never built.



-------------------------

And while we're on the subject of Frank Lloyd Wright, here's a shot of him at work.


At the Guggenheim Museum, to open in 1959.

--------------------


And an intentional community here in Black Mountain NC - I'll probably post more about it.



Today's quote:

Ray Bradbury,  said: "There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them."And: "I don't try to describe the future. I try to prevent it." And: "Go to the edge of the cliff and jump off. Build your wings on the way down."



10 comments:

  1. Good morning, just after 6 here. I must say that I never expected the first house to be located in Romania. It sure looks look in the second photo, kind of inviting with the lights on although his houses don't usually look inviting to me. Have a good day, eh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi AC. The first house was designed by Miklós Péterffy, not Frank Lloyd Wright (though I've sure posted a lot of his here.) An Art Deco house just doesn't fit into many neighborhoods.

      Delete
  2. I love the modern houses, the first one is a favorite. Did I mention I love your header photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Soon I'll try to update the header with the new gazebo included...still waiting for leaves to be in color.

      Delete
  3. ...we have a few Art Deco house here, they are standouts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Art Deco houses do stand out, definitely. If houses are close together in a neighborhood, they are even more obvious.

      Delete
  4. The video sent me also to "Dancing rabbit" - My time on earth is done but if I had youthfulness and more future I would be most interested in building a straw and clay house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh isn't that interesting! I've got some more posts coming up about my visit to Earth Ships, built of all kinds of alternative materials. I find it interesting, but sure am not trying to live in one!

      Delete
  5. Wonderful architecture! And quotes, for that matter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I like all except the one about jumping off the cliff and building wings on the way down...sounds like someone could get hurt pretty badly if they took him literally.

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.