Update about blogCa

Sunday, January 9, 2022

While waiting for my laundry...


The owner of the boots was probably in the laundromat next door. Not sure why he left his boots outside...but he did walk by and pick them up a few minutes later.

I only did one load at the laundromat, and then tried the machines (and much higher prices) at my apartment's laundry room for the rest of my clothes. That was a big mistake. They may be clean, but the dryer didn't do anything much in 45 minutes (and $2) compared to the $0.75 for 32 minutes that's always dry at the commercial laundry. I'm going back there, but fortunately this time a friend said, come over and throw them in her dryer for a while. Yay. Now I won't have to spend time ironing them!

Pepperoni's Pizza has updated it's window with these fun pepperoni/snow men! But they were closed on Sunday, when I went by and clicked these photos.


So I schedule my laundry work and a lunch in the car (pizza and a salad) while waiting for the wash. It's a reward system!

Today's quote:

All things are little, changeable, perishable. All things come from thence, from that universal ruling power either directly proceeding or by way of sequence. And accordingly the lion’s gaping jaws, and that which is poisonous, and every harmful thing, as a thorn, as mud, are after-products of the grand and beautiful. Do not then imagine that they are of another kind from that which thou dost venerate, but form a just opinion of the source of all.


—Marcus Aurelius
Meditations

 

10 comments:

  1. Good to see a muddy boots person with good manners!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. They've actually changed them again! Once a month I definitely have a pizza and salad there...all is carry out these days.

      Delete
  3. Maybe the guy was washing all of his socks and didn't want to put his bare feet in those boots. LOL.
    Love the "You want a pizza me?" sign.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't pay much attention to him when he walked by and picked them up. I was focused on feeding my face!

      Delete
  4. Had a pizza delivered for supper yesterday. It came very hot and was good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great. Pizza has become a pretty international dish...though maybe not so much in Asia. I don't know...

      Delete
  5. I do my laundry at a laundromat. More dependable than the laundry in my building.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same situation here. I have written of my woes with our laundry room, and am trusting the laundromat people to keep the equipment clean and running well.

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.