Update about blogCa

Tuesday, January 4, 2022

A bit more of our tour of lights

 



My first house, before picking up my friend.

Isn't the creche scene shadowed on the house a great addition?

A second shot of the same yard, but snoopy in the back isn't as clear as we wished.





Isn't it fun the way the light flowed in a haze above the edge of the roof? Or maybe I've got a fingerprint on the lens!!




We liked the candy canes (red) as well as multi-colored ice cycles.

Today's quote:

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, 
while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
—Lao Tzu

16 comments:

  1. I like your tours, and, as I have said before, I can appreciate how pleasant it must be to do this in relative warmth. I still miss the snow, though. Even in our cold climate, I have been reluctant to photograph Christmas lights when there has been no snow, even though it might not have been very cold at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...beautiful, but I'm glad that I don't get their electric bill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember thinking that once. For some reason it wasn't in the mind of the beholder that night driving around!

      Delete
  3. I really enjoy seeing the lights there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty similar to all over America, but I'm just glad that a few people still do this for other's enjoyment.

      Delete
  4. I imagine that many of those lights have come down now. We did not see as many as you have shared here these last few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a small community, I guess we've got maybe a large percent (15%) of homes that do lights...and maybe almost all have Christmas trees inside.

      Delete
  5. Hello,
    Love the the pretty Christmas lights and displays. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen, I did enjoy going looking for photo opportunities. And of course a few photos were too bad to publish here.

      Delete
  6. Barbara, We didn't do a light tour this year... Thanks for the photos! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Driving around early evening just after Solstice and Christmas was enjoyable. I dare say most have been removed by now.

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.