Update about blogCa

Monday, January 3, 2022

Enjoying reading and eating

 A couple of recent books, and food!


This was a library book, with a 14 day limit. But I finished it in 2 days. Nothing better to do on Jan 1! It was most enjoyable, a real "who done it!!" 

A very long book, which is extremely interesting! A former slave keeps on making good on her abilities and relationships.

New year's eve, vegetarian chili, and cornbread! Two quarts put in the fridge after eating, so chili will be a great left over! I still need to clean up the mess I made in the kitchen!


Lunch on new years day...very light!!

Then I had popcorn and a beer for afternoon relaxation.

Today's quote:

I own that I cannot see as plainly as others do, and as I should wish to do, evidence of design and beneficence on all sides of us. There seems to me too much misery in the world. I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created the Ichneumonidae with the express intention of their feeding within the living bodies of caterpillars, or that a cat should play with mice. -Charles Darwin, naturalist and author (12 Feb 1809-1882) [Ichneumonidae: The family of parasitic wasps that deposit eggs inside or on top of the larvae of other insects. Once hatched, the ichneumonid larva slowly eats its host alive from inside out.] 




12 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I have State of Terror on my library's hold list, I hope to read it soon. The chili and cornbread and the salad all look yummy. Take care, enjoy your day! Have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like a good day to me. It is cold here. I haven't stuck my head out for a few days and probably won't today either. We shall see. Family dinner tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I'm not good at reading, but eating is a different matter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't heard about State of Terror before. I'm going to do some googling around about it. Your dinner and lunch look very yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm reading Adventures with Charlie by John Steinbeck. It's pretty good, a friend gave it to me. It's good when you enjoy reading a book which is hard to put down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy and Healthy New Year, Barbara! Thanks, for your kind words on my blog post. The next time you speak to your son please tell him how much his profession is valued here-- wildfire fighters are true heroes!
    I'm in a book club and I'm challenged to read many different genres of books, some of which I would never have chosen but end up enjoying. That Penny/Clinton collaboration is on my lost to read. I overcooked for Christmas Eve so we were still eating leftovers for New Year's Eve--it was all so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The last Penney book and this one you just finished are too close to real life for me to read right now. I jsut finished The Music of Bees. An okay read though very predictable. A first novel for this author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like to read that first book but haven't gotten around to it yet. I love vegetarian chili!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darwin has a point--there is so much cruelty in nature.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the great quote from Darwin, one of the greatest humans who ever lived.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.