Update about blogCa

Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Saturday to the Tailgate Market

 Several rules to keep everyone safe...wear masks, keep distances, and use hand sanitizers often.

I bought fresh grouper this last Saturday...I've missed seeing Roger the Fish Man while he's been selling elsewhere. This was the first Sat. back under the trees behind First Baptist Church on Montreat Rd.

I'll be glad to show a photo of my baked grouper...later.

 I heard they were limiting the number of people, but it didn't seem to make any difference when I arrived around 11:15. It was already quite hot outside!


 I walked around the various displays, and purchased a bit of things for my table.

My grouper was delicious...
 It was quite thick, which makes a really good portion (with left overs.) I sprinkled a bit of oil on it, then  some Italian bread crumbs and salt. Folded it into foil at 400 degree toaster-oven for 20 minutes, then 10 with the foil open on the thicker part to brown the crust. In a few weeks I'll be in a cardiac rehab program which meets twice a week, and asks everyone to eat just vegetarian, so I'll have to give up fish as well. Sigh.


Today's Quote:
TO COME HOME TO YOURSELF
May all that is unforgiven in you,
Be released. 
May your fears yield
Their deepest tranquillities.
May all that is unlived in you,
Blossom into a future,
Graced with love. 
JOHN O'DONOHUE

8 comments:

  1. Hello,

    The baked grouper does look delicious! The tailgate market sounds very nice. Enjoy your day, have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eileen...it sure was...er, is. There are left overs for 3/4 pound of very solid meat...so I have to figure out what I want to do with the last portion. Have a great week yourselves.

      Delete
  2. ...this looks a bit too crowded for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps. And yet I walked around pretty much at 6 foot distance, except when making purchases of course.

      Delete
  3. It's good to get out, and there is something about markets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt right at home, this being the market I used to work each Saturday. But then again, perhaps that made me let my guard down too much. Hopefully I'm still safe.

      Delete
  4. Seeing these photos of the market there makes me miss the Farmers Market here. We haven't gone even once this whole season. I long for a return to normal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be so nice to be somewhat back to normal. Am not holding my breath though.

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.