Update about blogCa

Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Cheer-leaders and an Ent-wife

My graduating (high school) granddaughter and her best friend were celebrated in a party a week ago at my son's home. It included around 100 guests, my son estimated...

Oh my. I still am wearing a mask any time I leave home. But my granddaughter is about to move into an apartment close to where she will soon be attending college. She just has one class that will be in-person, while the rest will be on-line.

And she has a part time job with her girlfriend, to be coaches for a middle school cheer-team.  They obviously know a lot about being cheerleaders by now. And 18 year olds moving into independent living (there's one other roommate as well) is a great step in their lives. I wish them well.



The Spirit of an Ent-Wife.

If you've read Tolkien, (The Two Towers) you probably remember that Pippin and Merry got rescued by the Ent trees...who were looking for their Ent Wives. So here mine is, waiting to be sold at the Red House Gallery.

The Swannanoa Fine Arts League's Red House is open on weekends again. And I sold the last tree vase I'd had on display. So my Ent-wife is now there for anyone who likes her.

Quote for today:
Strange is our situation here upon earth. Each of us comes for a short visit, not knowing why, yet sometimes seeming to a divine purpose. From the standpoint of daily life, however, there is one thing we do know: That we are here for the sake of others. For the countless unknown souls with whose fate we are connected by a bond of sympathy. Many times a day, I realize how much my outer and inner life is built upon the labors of people, both living and dead, and how earnestly I must exert myself in order to give in return as much as I have received.
—Albert Einstein

12 comments:

  1. The poor Ents. I wonder if they ever found their wives in other Tolkien writing. I will look forward to the new tv series whenever it becomes a reality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question, John. I hadn't heard about a TV series, which should be enjoyable.

      Delete
  2. ...my best to her in these uncertain times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your granddaughter! I wish her all the best! Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your good wishes, Eileen. I sure do hope they have a great time as they move into their new lives.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations to the class of 2020!
    And special best wishes to your granddaughter!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to see my granddaughter move out into her life. I admit to anxious feelings because of Covid.

      Delete
  5. Congrats to your granddaughter. These sure are crazy times, I wish her the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bill. I wish I were closer and could be part of her support system. She's got lots of family and friends, I just feel a bit left out of this passage in her life.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks so much William! I need to know someone else out there likes things I make! Or I stop creating.

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.