Update about blogCa

Sunday, July 19, 2020

The neighbors' flowers

 I found this nice setting in a different building than mine. There are five parallel buildings on the steep hill, with eight units in each one. Upstairs four open on the uphill side of the building, while downstairs four open downhill. It provides a sense of privacy that isn't possible in the other buildings with indoor halls to each apartment.





These are the last of the day lilies...

My four-o'clocks became food for Japanese beetles last week. So I sprayed them with garlic and soapy water. Then I read that they will be killed by eating four-o'clocks. So maybe the flowers will survive after all.

 While my courtyard has a few trees, the one uphill from me is mainly a wide open space.

The day lily beds were doing quite well.

Today's Quote:

"I may be compelled to face danger, but never fear it, and while our soldiers can stand and fight, I can stand and feed and nurse them." Clara Barton 
And she said, "The door that nobody else will go in at, seems always to swing open widely for me."

11 comments:

  1. ...your neighbor needs a bigger table!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our outdoor sitting areas are what I'd call a handkerchief patio. The space is just outside these bedroom windows...and obviously you don't want to sit outside a neighbor's bedroom. I'm very fortunate to have a bigger front porch, while having the tiny balcony.

      Delete
    2. However, these chairs do indicate sitting under a neighbor's bedroom window. Oh well.

      Delete
  2. Hello,

    Beautiful gardens, I love the daylilies. Enjoy your day, have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your week coming up is full of great photo opportunities!

      Delete
  3. Our daylilies have just begun to bloom in fullness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your daylillies, now that ours have passed their prime.

      Delete
  4. Lovely flowers there. Beautiful day lilies, reminds me that we should plant some here.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.