Update about blogCa

Thursday, July 2, 2020

Front Line worker


My friend Teresa, works at a gas station kiosk, where she deals with money and lottery tickets and I think she still sells tobacco products.  She has that little window which she's holding up with her hand, and it comes down and shields her face most of the time...but she doesn't wear a mask to work. She does use hand sanitizer frequently though.

Teresa also has to go clean/sanitize the keypads and handles on the 8 gas pumps several times a day.  I worry about her, and usually will check on how she's doing by texting her every day. If I don't, she will check on me!

Today's quote: (Thanks to fellow blogger, Sabine (Here).

Historically, pandemics have forced humans to break with the past and imagine their world anew. This one is no different. It is a portal, a gateway between one world and the next. We can choose to walk through it, dragging the carcasses of our prejudice and hatred, our avarice, our data banks and dead ideas, our dead rivers and smoky skies behind us. Or we can walk through lightly, with little luggage, ready to imagine another world. And ready to fight for it.  - Arundhati Roy. 

10 comments:

  1. Hello,

    I am thankful for the front line workers like your friend Teresa..
    I pray she stay safe and healthy!
    Take care! Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, me too! And I think I missed a few of the gas pumps, there are two to each island, so there must be 16.

      Delete
  2. I would worry too, but at least her distance is pretty good, and her contacts are brief, which is considered to be important from what I understand,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to hear. I didn't know that about brevity of contacts.

      Delete
  3. ...I'm glad to be retired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. And not to have a time to clock in and out every day, which Teresa follows. I just am happy to know she has a pay check as a result of her labors.

      Delete
  4. That's a tough job she has. I wish she would wear a mask for more protection.
    I love that quote!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A mask would make her a bit more safer. Nice quote, so appropriate for these times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. At last face coverings are becoming compulsory here in Scotland from 10 July..about time too! I hope your friends and you stay safe xx

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.