Update about blogCa

Saturday, January 4, 2020

Studio photographs

A repost of two of my favorite photos of my parents...from long before I knew them!

Here's the blog from 2013, which also was shared on Sepia Saturday....I'll cut and paste the whole thing for you.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013


My parents pose

May I introduce my father, George Elmore Rogers, Jr.
I will give honor to his life in another post. 

My mother, Mataley Mozelle Webb Munhall Rogers

Look for more about her life HERE.
There are more pictures of my father on that posting as well.

These are studio portraits of my parents, way before I came along.  I don't know the cause for their getting these pictures, but they did attend the same high school, Jefferson, in San Antonio, TX.

The pin in his lapel is called the Cross and the Crown, which is an emblem that Christian Scientists identify with.

"B... Studio of San Antonio, Texas," is a confusing name in  the lower right corner.  Buider? Baider? Bieder? whatever...

My mother's hairdo with a Marcel wave, has a lot of 20s influence.  She was born in 1917, so by the time she looked like this, it was definitely the mid 30s.  They were married in 1936.  I didn't see any pictures of them together before '34.  

This is a contribution to Sepia Saturday, where lots of fun and old (or maybe fun or old) photos are shared.  I can't follow the theme for this week, so am just sharing some pictures that are interesting.

I'm submitting this for the first Sepia Saturday of 2020...similar hair style! But not the similar smile!





18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks...I was glad that the prompt reminded me of these!

      Delete
  2. Hello, lovely photos of your mother and Father. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure were a good looking pair of young people!

      Delete
  3. ...a beautiful mother and a handsome dad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these photos. Handsome dad and beautiful mom. Truly lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Robin. They live on in my memory like this, as well as their later years.

      Delete
  5. You absolutely matched the theme! Well done. I am fascinated by those Marcel waves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be reading your blog tomorrow about those waves, can't wait!

      Delete
  6. I like your mother's smile better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She (like me) was a bit shy of showing her out-of-allignment teeth.

      Delete
  7. Wonderful photos of your parents! Your mother's hair perfectly matches the prompt, and I love the colorization on your father's photo. Look forward to future posts about them both.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your father looks like he was a fun fellow, and your mother looks so sweet. They really look like they go together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your mom's photo is a perfect match for the prompt. Love the colorization of your dad's tie.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.