Update about blogCa

Friday, January 10, 2020

Some old children's photos of my family

My Sepia Saturday post for this week should be easy enough.

While visiting my son, Marty, during the holidays, in the Tampa/St. Petersburg area...we had occasion to visit his ex-wife who is a dear friend of mine still. (Not that I'd say that to my son!) Two of his adult children (Will and Cayenne) live with her.

Anyway, she brought out the big box of old photos that she wanted Marty to go through and take some for his own collection. I took a few photos of the old photos. That way I don't have another box of photos around, but it's all in the cloud. Unfortunately there are lots of shiny places from the sleeves that they were stored in.  I found a few photos over on Facebook of some of the family also.

But for photos of young children, I've got these to add, which haven't been in my own collection probably at all! (Or I've forgotten about them.)

My son, Marty in the Dolphins' shirt number 39, and his little brother Russ in no shirt at all! Marty may be 9, and Russ around 5. I know their father, Doug, with the dark beard in the back row, and his sister Lynn right behind Marty. She's standing with her husband Norm on the far right.  My ex-hubby's brother Rick is also in the back row with a mustache. This was a gathering of the Heym family, and since I'd just divorced Doug, I wasn't part of this group. Sorry, I don't know who the rest of the women are.

Another Heym gathering (or perhaps the same one) with Rick looking over his bare shoulder in the foreground, and my son Russ in his father, Doug's lap. Doug is wearing shades and still has the dark beard.  Son Marty is the little boy in the back row (with longish dark hair.)

Unknown house...probably somewhere that Doug lived, or visited. Marty in that Miami Dolphin's shirt, Russ in his favorite cowboy outfit.

 Fast forward to high school years...Marty (far right) and his date, Cinnamon for the prom. They later got married, had two children, and eventually divorced.

Marty and Cinnamon dressed for High School Prom.

Marty joined the Navy...after doing various jobs after high school graduation. Cinnamon went to college, and Marty tried it for a while.

Here's Marty's son, William, when he was maybe 8.


Cayenne Heym, Marty and Cinnamon's daughter...around 5 years old.


School picture of Cayenne.


 Ex-hubby Doug and his sister, Lynn.


Some publication which included Doug, mis-labeled as Don Helm, rather than Doug Heym.  No idea who Frank was, or Bob Hite. But at least that is what Doug looked like in 2001, though he also was at our son Russ' wedding in April of that year.


Ah, a school photo with a date. Cayenne would have been around 9.

More recent photo of Doug's family (and mine but this was an event in 2017-18 I also didn't attend in FL.) This includes my son Russ and his family from Ohio. From left to right, Michelle Heym, (Russ' wife), Audrey Heym, Caroline Heym, my son Russ Heym, Kate Heym, Doug Heym, Millie Heym (Doug's wife now), William Heym (Marty's son) and Marty Heym. Cayenne Heym and Michael Thurston, Marty's other grown children, were also missing. Cayenne was away at college and Michael may have been at work. But who took the photo?

I am glad someone has this photo of Linda Arkwright, Cinnamon Arkwright Heym's mother...because this is a poor copied photo of a photo.

 And this is Gladys Good, Linda Arkwright's mother. She was quite a lady.

Another out of focus photo, this time of William, probably in his early teens for this school photo.
The Sepia shot that certainly is a mix of all ages of children.

Thanks for looking at all these family photos...they just all came together at this time, otherwise they'd still be in a box under the bed.

PS...
Oh my goodness.
Look at what Robin posted this morning! The original article about this photo is HERE.

Now that's a lot of people on a redwood stump! I enjoyed reading about the efforts to clone redwood trees.

9 comments:

  1. Hello, wonderful family photos! Enjoy your day, wishing you a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy weekend to you too. I like keeping photos somewhat organized on my blogs.

      Delete
  2. Since you keep commenting on my blog, I wondered if I was missing blog posts of yours. Well, yes and no. You haven't been posting on the blgo that I was following, but you seem to be active here, so I thought I would drop in to say hello. That bearded guy in the Cayenne photo could almost have been me from a distance back in the 70s. Almost. Similar glasses too. https://flic.kr/p/8VohEq

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that's the trouble with having 3 active blogs...one or 2 sometimes get forgotten for a while. I try to keep this one going, sort of like a journal of my life. The art part is over at Alchemy of Clay. And the ancestors got boring or something at Three Family Trees. My bad!

      Delete
  3. OOOH those prom dresses! I'd say you picked some winners from your daughter-in-law's stash. My good friend is still good friends with her ex-in-laws and helps take care of her ex-mother-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice collection of smiles. I envy those in the summer as here it's cold and gloomy today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cinnamon and Cayenne. Cinnamon for a young lady is understandable, but naming a little girl after pepper is rather interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fascinating walk down the ages of your family. Great selection of photos, which seem to capture an era in fashion as well. Also love the last one of the group on the redwood stump. That's a photo worth saving!

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.