Update about blogCa

Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Fiction fun for summer - if you like murder mysteries

I've been playing light and silly with many murder mysteries...and Janet Evanovich's series have been most fun.  When I'm overly stressed, there is yet another one of these to enjoy about Stephanie Plum and her trials and romantic interests, but especially about her sidekick, Lula. I haven't gone into any of her other series of books.


Charles Todd is another author who I've followed,   A Duty to the Dead  was the first of his series with Bess Crawford, nurse during WW I.  I was glad to finally check it out after months on hold since I read all the others in the series.  I've also read some of his Inspector Ian Rutledge novels lately: The Red Door and Racing the Devil.

Other authors I generally will read and enjoy most of the time include James Patterson, Michael Connolly, John Grisham, James Lee Burke and Lee Child.

And another light reading author was Lilian Jackson Braun's "the Cat Who..." series.  I started listening to these as audio books when I used to commute to work in the 90s from Jacksonville to St. Augustine FL (1 hour each way.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.