Update about blogCa

Saturday, July 6, 2019

Summer Reading


 I've been enjoying some poetry lately, and this compilation of a lot of poets, as well as interviews with Bill Moyers...well, let's just say it's a heavy book, so I sit at a table to read a few pages daily.

 I've been so happy to have this Mary Oliver book of her poetry.

 A completely different view of the world, but also great to learn and enjoy!

 After reading this, I'm now loaning it to friends.  There were a few weeks that I put it aside, as not being that interesting. Then I was determined to find out about her views of being First Lady...and that part was definitely worth getting to.  Some are saying this is the best autobiography to come out. I am not sure, but I'm glad to have read it.

 When this came out in the 70s, I got so angry reading it, that I never finished it.  Her radical feminism was beyond me.  I will re-read it soon, to see how I feel about it today. the language information is still in my memory.

These are all non-fiction. But believe me, I'm reading quite a few fictions as well...but usually not a paper copy, rather a digital one.  And I actually prefer having audio books these days.  So I can give you those in a list tomorrow.

Thanks to my good friend (who reads more than I do!) Teresa, who gives me good advice or loans me some of her books. We are both fans of used book stores!

No comments:

Post a Comment

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.