Update about blogCa

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Concerts at the Light Center

My good friend Annelinde Metzner (aka Linda) gave a piano concert and poetry reading last Sunday.  Some friends decided that would be a good way to spend a Sunday afternoon, and I gladly came too.  .
I was glad to arrive early, and walk around the exterior of the Geodesic dome, and find the labyrinth with my friends.  We didn't stay to do the whole meditative exercise of walking it.  I loved seeing the old beautiful trees in the woods here on Highway 9 on the other side of the continental divide.  I don't think it was quite in Bat Cave, the next town due south of us, but it was close!








As a 40 year old dome, the building has many problems, and they are currently raising the funds to build a new one.  It will happen fairly soon I think, as this is a favorite non-denominational spiritual meeting place.

I love Linda's energy, full of enthusiasm for the Divine Feminine.  She also leads the choir for my church, and is scheduled to give another concert "The Feminine Faces of God" with other performers next Sunday at the same location.  The last time she gave that concert, it was sold out, and in another venue here in Black Mountain.  Tickets are available HERE.

Today's Quote:
Excerpt from The Vine Basket, by Annelinde Metzner

I come for the wind.
At the high edge of Craggy Mountain I stand,
leaning in and rocking back as the wind rolls upward,
tender jewelweed and high nettles all around,
high ridges beyond and beyond.
Today on the mountain, looking west,
away from words and clash of minds,
away from the confounded jangle of yay or nay,
of human will forever at odds,
the wind rises miles and miles up the hollow.
I stand with no questions, with only my self.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.