Update about blogCa

Saturday, July 20, 2019

25 years or 50 years ago

Today the Tailgate Market of Black Mountain celebrated it's 25th anniversary.




I went intending to purchase some honey. As I waited, a rather grungy colorful man said he'd never tasted honey. So here he is...of course we all get a free taste anyway, but he didn't end up buying any. I did.
 Russ is a real beekeeper. He only had creamed honey today, said this is the end of his spring crop, but in 2 weeks there will be another crop available.


My friends, Shelly and Ruth had fun discussing something, while Baxter Frome waited patiently.


 The Mudbuddies had a great display, as always.  It was terribly hot by 11, and one vendor lay down on the job and put her feet up, while Roger took over applying fairy-hair for a customer. Roger is known for selling seafood, so we joked that cats would be following this woman around.


 There was a huge crowd, and entertainment at 11 was by the Black Mountain Community Band. They were a bit lame on some of the pieces, but a good effort, and I could recognize the tunes usually!






 Two rows with tents on both sides of walking area, as well as on the far end, mostly under the shade of the big oaks.



 Potter Bette watches me take photo of one of potter Cathy's bowls which she made for all the regular Tailgate members.


And today is the celebration of man's first walking on the moon! So I'll share some great photos that I took of it...well, that I took off the internet. Manana.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.