Update about blogCa

Friday, September 2, 2022

Turning 80 means yet another party!

 This one was a surprise. Three more friends joined in celebrating with me, as well as the two who I'd expected to have a regular lunch with.

Those two! They had it all together, I must say. First, when the original restaurant wasn't open (staffing issues) they switched to another one. They brought presents, a tiara, and lots of flowers as well as a carrot cake. I was a little kitten in heaven!

Teresa, one of the organizers...who toted lots of decorations and the cake!

and Helen, the other culprit who hid the flowers somewhere in her car so I didn't see them when she picked me up.

Linda, my goddess friend

Cathy, my Mud Buddy friend

and Suzanne, who went to the original restaurant looking for us, then went home, where she finally got the voice mail on her phone. She doesn't use her cell phone. So she arrived late, but joined in the fun!

My tiara...



My wonderful yummy carrot cake! The remains which went home with me are now in my freezer, to be enjoyed and bring a smile to my life in future days.



The food is always yummy...with variety for vegetarians too.

I had 3 serenades: first the regular birthday tune, then one with a waltzing rhythm, then the staff who had drums and rattles and gave a cha cha birthday song! They even put a sombrero over my tiara...somehow no photo from that remains (thank heavens!)

Today's quote:

Rarely, if ever, are any of us healed in isolation.

Healing is an act of communion.

—bell hooks
All About Love 


16 comments:

  1. Hello,
    You have wonderful friends, it looks like a great 80th birthday lunch. The carrot cake looks yummy. Great photos, and I love your header photo. Is it a new photo? Happy weekend! Take care, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The header was from our first trip along the Blue Ridge Parkway looking for colored leaves last year...finally out of sequestration! The shot of Grandfather Mountain is one of several, but I love how the iPhone camera sort of curves space from close to far.

      Delete
  2. ...I love carrot cake. Does it count as a vegetable serving?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha. I was trying to pull some shreds of carrots out to give my friend who doesn't eat sugar at all...but they were too small!

      Delete
  3. Hurrah! For celebrating your Unbirthdays!..............suzi

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great celebration. I just ordered flowers for a friend in MD who turns 80 next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THat's great to have another 80 year old birthday to celebrate!

      Delete
  5. Very happy 80th to you and all your wonderful friends around you! I have two months before I hit the big number. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just two months? You're such a baby! Congrats ahead of time!

      Delete
  6. How nice for you to be made a fuss over. I write that badly, but you know …

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I could just drive up to your neck of the woods, and bring you a party! That's because I spend most days now car shopping. It balances out with a party. You are just a little whipper-snapper at 75!

      Delete
  7. That was such a wonderful gathering and celebration in honor of your birthday. Truly loving in every way. I love that tiara on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I have passed it along to younger people to enjoy it further!

      Delete
  8. What a lovely celebration of your birthday and of friendship!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pretty surprised, that's for sure. And to have a pottery friend as well as the church friends was special!

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.