Update about blogCa

Friday, September 9, 2022

Sweet miniature roses

 Another birthday present.



Why, you might wonder, is that black welcome mat up against the wall? Well, I noticed it was shedding when I wiped my feet on it, and bits of black were coming in the house. Enough said.

I'm enjoying finding more ancestors on my tree. This week I discovered another mother of a great grandmother times seven, or 7 x great grandmother. And they were still in New England, though one of the fathers had been on the Mayflower. Will have to share that with my grandkids, so they can say so in case that comes up in conversation. Right!


Today's Quote:

"You make your choices and then your choices make you."

- Darren Hardy

15 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Love the pretty roses, the color is lovely. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. And you make me think of the cute Mini Cooper I saw yesterday!

      Delete
  3. Never seen a rose with that striping effect. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those roses. Really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love the harlequin type flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I like that term for variegated flowers! THanks.

      Delete
  6. If you keep going with your family tree at this rate, you might soon uncover tree dwellers. 🤓

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WIsh I could think of a witty retort, like ump, ump ump, I'm up in this tree of Barbara's family.

      Delete
  7. Pretty flowers! I once read some estimate of the number of descendants of persons who arrived on the Mayflower and it was astronomical. One of my Hemenway ancestors lived in the Massachusetts colonies but we have not traced him back any farther than that.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.