Update about blogCa

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

The Easter Sunday service on line

 Milk and Girl Scout cookies...I'm ready...

 Evan introduces from his home (he's on the Board.) I remember how fun it is to see art in people's home when they are recording from there now.

 Rev. Michael J.S. Carter introduced the morning, gave opening words.

 Linda Metzner played music from her home. Several hymns which were familiar.

 I lit my chalice on my altar. It really give me a sense of this is a separate time from my mundane existence.  Here's the link to the service, "Easter & The Universal Need For Hope," on Facebook.

 There were pauses between things on the video...and I really enjoyed more music that was brass playing.

 Susan Enwright Hicks (Director of Religious Education) read a couple of stories for the children, which were also available separately.

 Easter brought rain this year, and Black Mountain received more than 2 inches. I'm glad the storms that night didn't include any tornadoes near us.



 Michael had recorded earlier (different attire, different background)...the joys and concerns that had been emailed in.

 Some video time included a trip on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

The sign out front of the church, but those cars were from a Sunday before the Covid-19 shelter in place orders.

Our UUCSV Sunday services have now been on Facebook 3 times.  The message was positive, and several of us like the closing words especially.  They were also posted on Facebook last week by someone else.

Our quoted closing words:


Many thanks to those who helped make this religious moment possible on Facebook. My photos are taken from the mini-iPad where I played it...and it's still available. UUCSV Facebook. (Be sure it's for the Swannanoa Valley, there's another one for the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia!)

3 comments:

  1. Hello, I agree 100% with the last message. It is wonderful the church member shared stories for the children, these times can be especially upsetting for the little ones. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...milk and Girl Scout Cookies, that's brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We must remember the last message.
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.