Update about blogCa

Monday, March 2, 2020

On Tanbark Ridge

A Blue Ridge Parkway bridge crossing US 70 in East Asheville. This is the closest entrance to the parkway that I take for easy drives to see pretty views.


First overlook stop gives a view to the southwest. Somewhere over there is the Great Smoky Mountains National Park...probably not the blue mountains in this view looking over the top of Asheville.

 A pano shot of the next overlook, view toward the east.



 Looking straight down shows that the crews have cut back all the undergrowth from last year, so spring views will be pretty good.


 Strange that this shot came out so blue...must have been cloudy or something. At this low level there are lots of homes that back up to the Parkway.


 Down the hill there was suddenly some smoke. There's a house barely visible to the right side of smoky area.

 Fortunately the smoke stopped pretty quickly, before I called the fire department!



I love these beautiful mountains. In the winter you can see the shapes of the slopes in the shadows cast by clouds.

7 comments:

  1. I just might possibly be a tad jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you would enjoy taking your camera up on the parkway!

      Delete
  2. Awesome photos and views. I love your new header.

    The artist that did the mural I posted today is Kevin Gallagher and you can see more of his work here: http://www.kevingallagherdesign.com/

    He is a local artist here in Dungloe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bill. I am so glad to know who painted that wonderful mural. I'm going to check out his site now. Glad you like what my iPhone camera can do. I'm sometimes pretty surprised!

      Delete
  3. Lovely views. As you can probably tell, I love going up in the mountains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. I know you live in mountains in a nearby state, but I haven't seen you post any photos of mountains, so I didn't know you "loved going up in the mountains." Great to share that as well as clay work.

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.