Update about blogCa

Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Along the hill

So I'm perched on the side of a steep hill. Nothing like a mountain. But it's called Blue Ridge Road.

The drainage of course seeks the easiest way down the hill when it rains. So the roadway is embraced by two ditches that often wash out a bit.

Looking out my windows and reading on my laptop various things, I realized some work was going on at the roadway. The growl and beep beep repeated itself. I had to go stand on the balcony to see, for I'd missed most of the action. Sometimes blogs are that interesting to read in the mornings!



The backhoe, or whatever it's called, was scraping and piling some big rocks that would be hard to move with just water, even when the ditch is full. A while later a broom-laden street sweeper came along and made a cloud of dust. I've driven on the road since then, and the pavement is still pretty bad next to the ditches, but both sides have been adequately refurbished for spring rains.

5 comments:

  1. ...this is a mini-excavator, in hilly areas of New York State heavy rains wash out roads too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good name for it! THey certainly can do a lot on a hill!

      Delete
  2. My internet was just off when I clicked to post a comment on a blog, so I can relate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, sometimes I sit her and stare at the router till I see the net has come back on again. Grrrr.

      Delete
  3. Hopefully that work has the desired result.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.