Update about blogCa

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Last year I traced some of my Irish roots...here's that post.

This year I just want to share a bit of joy...we're alive today. We might not be tomorrow (with Covid-19 hanging over our shoulders.)  I love how friends and families are coming together to make it a special time. It will finally have some name besides the "quarantined times." At least I hope. What could we call it?

Maybe everyone gets to enjoy introversion! I'm happy as a clam with staying on the old home turf. I've started seriously working on my ancestry again. There are so many interesting Great Uncles and Aunts I've never looked at before!

6 comments:

  1. Lots of reading time for us. Streets here are very quiet, it's weird because it usually packed with people, parades and pubs all bustling.
    Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...a low key celebration this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lets hope that people realise that it's perfectly possible to work from home and put less pressure on our transport systems and in turn this much-abused planet. Maybe some will learn to appreciate their home areas and not have to jet off to exotic locations every few months. Then at least some good might come out of this sorry mess.
    I may have some Irish ancestors too - my great-grandmother on my mother's side knew hundreds of old Irish songs and used many Irish turns of phrase but got very upset if anyone suggested she had Irish roots. But she had married into a relatively wealthy family and may well have wished to distance herself from her working ancestors - we'll probably never know.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.