Update about blogCa

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Along Lakey Creek

 When visiting my eye doctor, as I drove away, there's the typical mobile home near the road. In the mountains many people these days choose to live along the roads that wind along creeks.


 There's the ruin of an old cabin next to Lakey Creek.









This old chimney has stood many years. I wish I knew the stories of the families who lived here.
It's nice that with all the development on the hill above the creek, that it's still there. Up the hill is a big building of doctors' offices, and then the YMCA gym, and now there's going to be some new condos.

8 comments:

  1. ...it looks like you are still waiting for spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed we are...temps go up, then down, then up. Daffodils say they're ready for spring.

      Delete
  2. Hello, all is left is the chimney. I guess it a good idea not to build too close to any water source. Enjoy your day, have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having hauled water from a creek to a rustic cabin built up on a hill, I can understand why this one was built closer to the creek, but I dare say they got flooded a few times.

      Delete
  3. I hope it stands for awhile yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If only the chimney could talk, I would love to listen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat looking chimney. We see homes (many of them trailers) along the creeks in West Virginia. Higher ground tends to be up a steep hill, and the narrow valleys offer more level lots. It's disastrous when the rivers flood.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Remarkable that the old chimney has endured.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.