Update about blogCa

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Getting out a bit

We used to pay a lot to go on a retreat, a place apart from our regular lives, maybe organized by some leader or group or another, with meals provided, new places to sleep, new people to interact with. At least I did that a few times, and was so pleased to bring home what I'd experienced for a few days at least.

For the first few days of social distancing, I think this felt like that. Then I was sick for a few days. While that happened, I kept wondering if I would get worse and would I have "retreat" in medical settings. Then I woke up one morning feeling fine again.

Yesterday I drove around in nice 80 degree weather, with the car's window down. A lot of pollen in the air from the blooming trees! I came home to cough it all out over the next few hours.




One of the older homes in my area...right up the hill off  N. Blue Ridge Rd. a turn to the left onto Taylor Street. The sign says "Peaceful Hemlock, Est. 1937, 100 Taylor St.




5 comments:

  1. 80 degrees eh? I think I would like that for a day. By this time of year, we often have warm (but not that warm) days (one or two anyway), but not this year yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, the weather sounds great to me.. I am not one that can stay indoors for long, taking a walk or even a ride is relaxing and peaceful. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...yesterday we went on a field trip to the post office to drop some letters in the outside box!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm all for "peaceful", but "hemlock" seems a rather drastic route to take!
    Glad you're able to get out and about and you're enjoying some pleasant weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess you got some nice warm weather. It's in the 50s here.
    Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.