Update about blogCa

Monday, September 9, 2019

"Stable"

Not where the horses are kept.

Just the prognosis for my bronchiectasis.  I had a recent chest CT scan, and did the spirometer breathing test. And talked with the lung doctor about my chronic "productive" coughing.  And where do I go from here? Not much hope of any remission of this disease. And the difficulty getting phlegm out of my lungs will continue to leave me susceptible to infections.  So the Dr. even gave me a prescription for antibiotics as a "have on hand" for when and if I get another fever related to catching something or another.

That's a good idea, antibiotics that I carry around with me.  Not that I plan to use them, but you know, I usually get sick on a weekend.

And apparently he trusts me to use them wisely.

I am now being given bi-annual appointments. And my general practitioner sees me almost monthly.  Yay for medicare giving me reduced price appointments with them. I have a reasonably priced drug insurance as well, so I may spend a good chunk of my earned income, Social Security, on medical care, but I'm ok with it for now.

Sitting here on a bale of hay in the stable.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got a "stable" report. Having bronchiectasis doesn't sound easy, but I'm glad you and your docs have figured out how to manage it. Take care there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank Robin, it is a strange condition, and apparently I'm already taking every medication that has been thought of by now. I am grateful that it's not like cancers, with all the myriad treatments available. I wouldn't be able to keep up with all of that, and certainly would hesitate to speak of details here. I know several bloggers have gone through chemo, and never said a word about the experiences on their blogs until they are over. But any treatments take some of our time and resources, don't they!

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.