Update about blogCa

I-40 picked up the old Rte. 66 somewhere along the way, maybe Little Rock, maybe Oklahoma City. But it is the 100th anniversary of Rte 66 so I enjoyed thinking about my parents driving on part Of it in. St. Louis at least. Here we continued from Santa Rosita to Gallup NM, then left both highways to go north to CO.

Friday, September 13, 2019

More from the museum

Boarding Houses:
Hotels and Inns:

More about these inns and hotels

Miami sign, then Peabody hotel

Where Alexander's fountain began


6 comments:

  1. ...the hotels remind me of some that were in the Adirondack Mountains in upper New York State. Times sure do change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the era of going to the mountains for summertime sprouted all those gorgeous old hotels. Now people come and stay in a B&B, or rent a home.

      Delete
  2. It is very important to preserve these relics from the past. I hope that some of the kids put away their smart phones for a day to enjoy a little history.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree David. A school tour is coming next week to the museum. It shoukd be a hoot.

      Delete
  3. This is all so interesting! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I tried moderating, thinking that would be a quicker way to check on comments, but actually it takes more time. So go ahead and talk amongst yourselves, and I'll check in when I can!!