Update about blogCa

Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Yearly physical

This morning, while the Dr. spends most of his time typing on a computer, I'll review (from my notepad on my phone) the various complaints that are current.  Strangely, some are completely new from last year, which will mean adding to the list he's typed up already.

I had my fasting labs a week ago, so he'll be able to tell me the chemical results from my blood-work.

I'm hoping the Dr. will find some ways to treat the new problems.  The old recurring ones will have questions answered by just saying keep on doing what's already been done.  I admit to not doing Physical Therapy exercises regularly.  They used to help with my hand cramping when holding tools, mainly for working in clay including sometimes just a tiny paintbrush.

So while I'm sitting here and the temperature outside rises above freezing, and the bright sun dries off the clouds that were here an hour ago...I bemoan the landscaping crew that has again made my environment hostile to creatures. Including me.  They shoveled and ladled a foot deep spread of mulch on all the beds around buildings, and next to driveways.  Only the plants which had already poked their green heads up were able to sustain themselves (bushes of course, and the ever present day lilies.)

Now April 2

Last week Mar 28

week before Mar 23

But that isn't the problem.  It's the smell.  The mulch has been treated to kill anything under it.  And it was made from wood with creosote.  Whether that's the "treatment" they talk about or just is coincidental, it stinks.  I know with time it will weather away.  In the meantime I cover my nose as I walk to and from my front door and car.

And of course the neighborhood creatures are also dismayed, since many of their food bugs and worms and nuts have been covered with the mulch.  Only grassy areas (which were mowed though not needing it) remain.  The edges of each stretch of pavement or walk were edged, and steeper slopes were weed-eaten. (There, I made a verb out of cutting with a weed-eater!)

Aren't you glad I can't share the smell of creosote with you?  I hope soon to be able to open my windows when it's over 60 degrees F outside again. Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.